To be eligible for the super guarantee, employees must:
- Be paid at least $450 before tax in a calendar month.
People under 18 may qualify for the SG if they work 30 hours or more a week.
Eligibility for the SG is not met for:
- employees who are paid less than $450 per month (before tax);
- employees under 18 years of age who are working for 30 hours or less per week;
- certain employees who work as members of the Defence Force Reserves;
- non-resident employees who are paid solely for work undertaken outside Australia;
- resident employees who are employed by non-resident employers and are paid solely for work undertaken outside Australia;
- certain overseas executives on specified class of visa working in Australia;
- employees paid for work of a domestic nature of 30 hours or less in a week;
- employees receiving payments under the Community Development Employment Program;
- employees who chose not to receive employer contributions prior to the abolition of the Reasonable Benefit Limits; and
- employees temporarily working in Australia who are covered by a bilateral superannuation agreement.